"Treat people as if they were what they ought to be and you help them become what they are capable of becoming." -- Goethe

Thursday, October 11, 2012

Maybe I should cry in class more often...

So here's a quick update as for what followed after my mini meltdown in front of my 6th period.

6th period yesterday went smashingly! It wasn't perfect, but learning actually happened and the students were fairly polite! After the five minute journal, I passed out the letters I wrote and gave the students time to read them. I then said, "Sorry about my...lack of composure yesterday. Let's start over/make this a good year." (or something like that) It was kind of neat watching them read their letters. There were a few students who were nodding their heads in agreement as they read.

The class went well and we made it through the helping verbs worksheet. We didn't have time to correct it, but we'll do that when we get back from FALL BREAK.

Yes - it is currently my fall break! We get Thursday, Friday, and Monday off. I am so unbelievably happy about it! I have so many things to do though. I made a doctor appointment, a dentist appointment, I am booked every night, I want to get my car worked on, and I need to go to the DMV to get a Utah license.
Usually I head to Arizona or Montana to see family if I have any sort of vacation, but since I am flying down to Arizona next weekend for my cousin's wedding, I figured I would stay home for this break. It's a good thing I am because I have a lot to do! Another thing I forgot to mention is STUDY FOR THE GRE! Holy smokes that test is in about a month and I haven't really studied. What am I doing?!

Happy day to you all, and I will write more when I get back from Fall Break!

-Ms. Damron-


No comments:

Post a Comment