"Treat people as if they were what they ought to be and you help them become what they are capable of becoming." -- Goethe

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

I work with some of the BEST people.

So here I am studying for the GRE, and I think to myself, "It's about time I wrote another blog entry." (Ironic how I teach a study skills class, yet my capacity for studying is very small right now. Or maybe I'm using good study skills by knowing when to take breaks. I'm studying while being totally exhausted though, so maybe I'm not using good study skills...)

Anyway, I just had to write and say how much I love the people I work with. If I could keep Centennial just the way it is right now (I do miss Lisa Fisher and Kenyon Christen from last year though), I would be very happy. (Give or take a few exceptions. haha)

Anyway, I get together with a few co-workers once or twice a month. We have game nights, movie nights, dinner nights, whatever. It's absolutely fantastic and I love it. About a month ago we got together on one of our dear group member's birthday weekends. We took some pictures, and although they would HATE me putting them up on my blog, I caught some wonderfully candid moments, and I have to share them.



Aren't you happy just looking at this last picture?
And a huge reason for the top picture is so you can see what kind of movie nights we have (ice cream, cake, cookies, candy, etc.).

Anyway, I was talking to some friends and telling them that I hang out with my co-workers on a regular basis and I would gladly spend several hours just talking and having fun with them. It's funny, because I am most definitely the BABY of the group. We range in age from 58 - 23. Yup. Not that they would appreciate me saying this, but I hang out with women in their fifties and I love it so much! It is a little weird to think that they are my mom's age though. My mom is one of my best friends and I love spending time with her, but it's weird sometimes to think that my co-workers are my parents' age and I'm on the same professional level as them.

Hmm...

Anyway, the moral of this post is, I don't feel like studying for the GRE anymore!

Just kidding.

I work with some fabulous people, and I am so SO grateful for them.

-Ms. Damron-

No comments:

Post a Comment