"Treat people as if they were what they ought to be and you help them become what they are capable of becoming." -- Goethe

Monday, May 7, 2012

Vultures

While I had a sub a couple of weeks ago, I had my students do a worksheet on a study skill: drawing pictures to help you understand what you read. Students were supposed to read a short passage, then draw some pictures to help them retain the information. The paragraph was about vultures.
I don't know if my students actually read the passage or not, but the pictures they drew were very interesting. My first period is full of boys, so they drew a lot of blood and included helicopters, bombs, and even alien spaceships. My seventh period was very lazy and didn't really do the assignment. When I told them it was a grade and they needed three separate pictures, they re-did the assignment. One of the girls drew this cute picture:
 Notice the ridiculous drawing at the very top, and then the three drawings underneath. I thought the drawing was so cute that I had to show you!

-Ms. Damron-


No comments:

Post a Comment