"Treat people as if they were what they ought to be and you help them become what they are capable of becoming." -- Goethe

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

"Five doesn't even exist."

My principal put a self-evaluation sheet in my box today. There were four categories and you were supposed to give yourself a number: 4 being "proficient and competent" and 1 being "needs improvement" so to speak. I filled it out and brought it to him during my prep period. I asked him if there was anything else I needed to fill out. I had given myself a 3, then a 4, then a 3. The last category was "Professionalism" and I felt like I could give myself a good score on that one. Well, what do you know, I gave myself a 5.
So when my principal was looking over the self-evaluation, he said, "You gave yourself a five. Five doesn't even exist." I quickly responded by saying, "It does in my book!" He just laughed and said, "Maybe we should make you the poster child or something." I told him that he should probably frame that paper.
We got a pretty good laugh out of that, but when I saw him later that day, I just help up five fingers and pointed to myself. He just laughed. So basically, I'm so good I'm not even on the scale.
At least that's what I tell myself. ;)

-Ms. Damron-

No comments:

Post a Comment