"Treat people as if they were what they ought to be and you help them become what they are capable of becoming." -- Goethe

Saturday, April 13, 2013

Feel good moment

The Monday after Spring Break (4/8), I had my Resource Learning students watch a science movie and fill out a corresponding worksheet. We went through the steps of filling out a worksheet and discussed what you do if you don't get all the answers. What a great study skills lesson/FANTASTIC lesson for after Spring Break.

One of my students in 1st period was struggling with getting the answers and was a bit anxious about it. During the break, I heard another student say, "That's what I used to do until I took this class and learned how to do things better."

I loved hearing that! The student who made that comment used to spend HOURS on homework and night and was always overwhelmed. According to his parents (and what he's said), he's doing much better now and knows how to organize and prioritize so that he's not as stressed.

That was definitely a feel good moment.

-Ms. Damron-


No comments:

Post a Comment