"Treat people as if they were what they ought to be and you help them become what they are capable of becoming." -- Goethe

Saturday, April 13, 2013

7th period favorites

I love my 7th period. I dreaded last year's 7th period, but this year, I love my 7th period. My students aren't perfect, and I don't even know if I help them as much as I do my other classes, but I love the students. They are so much fun. Plus, I'm a little bit more lenient (okay - a LOT more lenient) because it's the end of the day and I'm tired and a little bit giggly at times.

There are two 8th grade boys in my 7th period that I adore. I will miss them when the move on to high school. They both have an English teacher that demands a lot, and neither of these boys likes to write. Or will write even despite their disdain for writing.

While looking at their grades, I noticed that one of the boys had a 0 on a huge project. When we went to the teacher and received instructions, I learned that this past Friday (4/12), was THE LAST DAY EVER that the assignment could be turned in because the student teacher was leaving and that was her project.

Awesome. That meant we had A LOT  of work to do.

The two boys stayed after school on Thursday to work on their projects and I left the room a couple of times and came back to little structures they had created here and there. The final time I left and came back, this was their creation:




They were quite proud of their creation and wanted me to notice the flag made out of tissue paper and markers, and the gold fish that were idolized on the upside down table.
I wish I could show you a picture of their confident faces (because of course I made them get in a picture), because they are all smiles and happiness.

Staying after school with me is just so much fun. haha

-Ms. Damron-

No comments:

Post a Comment