"Treat people as if they were what they ought to be and you help them become what they are capable of becoming." -- Goethe

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

"Dude! They're special ED!"

Bahahaha

This was the funniest moment.

In my 7th period a couple of weeks ago, one of my students said, "Oh my gosh! Will next door just be quiet?! If they won't, we should go over there and beat them until they are quiet!"

**Quick background - one of the rooms next door is the severe/profound special ed classroom and 7th period they have singing time, so it's usually a little more noisy than usual.**

As soon as this student said that, one of my other students (who actually attends some of those classes because he is so low in reading) turned around and very passionately said,

"DUDE! They're SPECIAL ED!"

Student #1 immediately sobered up and said, "Oh my gosh! I didn't know! I thought it was THAT class!" (and he pointed to the other classroom).

It was ABSOLUTELY HILARIOUS. I wanted to say, "What do you think you are?!" But I didn't want to burst their bubble. And it was cute to see one of the students stand up for the severe/profound kids.

It's just so funny because I have told my students over and over that I teach Special Ed. They are in a Special Ed class. But of course, they must forget sometimes.

I was cracking up. I tried to cover my face with the clipboard I was holding, but I don't think I was very sneaky. It was pretty funny though!

-Ms. Damron-

No comments:

Post a Comment