"Treat people as if they were what they ought to be and you help them become what they are capable of becoming." -- Goethe

Thursday, April 19, 2012

Why didn't we think of this earlier?

This past Tuesday I had to get a sub because I had an appointment. My friend Katie Thevenin has been subbing since she graduated from BYU in December. I really wanted her to sub for me because I didn't want to be gone the whole day because I hate writing sub plans, and there are some things that are just easier for me to do than for the sub to do.
So, I figured if Katie subbed, then I could come back when I was done and it wouldn't be weird or awkward. (I always feel weird coming back into my classroom when there's a sub. It's like, what do we do now?!)
Well, it worked out just that way! I came back part way through 6th period, and Katie and I manned the classroom together. It's so great having two adults in the classroom. The students were typing out paragraphs for their blogs, and it is really hard for just one person to walk around and help edit every paragraph. Katie was doing a great job when I came in though.

Katie could have gone home, but she hung out with me! The great thing is that she got paid for her subbing job, but then it ended up that we just got to spend time together. So let me explain this one more time in case you're not understanding how cool this was: KATIE GOT PAID TO SPEND TIME WITH ME. -ish- More like she got paid while spending time with me, but you get the idea. How wonderful is that?

We ended up talking after school for about an hour, during which we took these pictures:


Fun, yes? We weren't having a particularly serious/smiley day.

We decided we wanted a treat, so we drove to The Chocolate on State Street. We ate a terribly delicious cazookie after which I wanted to die from pure happiness. I love my dear friend and I'm trying to figure out how I can be gone again, yet come back and have Katie help me. It was such a great idea!

-Ms. Damron-

No comments:

Post a Comment