"Treat people as if they were what they ought to be and you help them become what they are capable of becoming." -- Goethe

Thursday, September 29, 2011

Parent - Teacher Conferences

Don't worry folks. Parent - teacher conferences are happening RIGHT THIS SECOND and I am in the middle of a lull. Parent - teacher conferences are from 1:30-7:30 and I have an hour and a half left!
I've actually really enjoyed meeting the parents. It's been really helpful and now I can put a face with the names. For all of you reading this, be a parent that attends parent-teacher conferences and whatnot. It is huge for your children! And I think it means a lot to the students.

Here's a picture I snuck using PhotoBooth. Someone probably saw me making faces and thought twice about coming to talk to me.


Funny story of the day. We had a shortened schedule because we only had a half day of school to make time for parent-teacher conferences. I usually have a prep period after lunch, so after lunch today I went to make some copies. When I arrived back to my classroom, I looked at the schedule and realized that 6th period had already started and had been going on for TWENTY MINUTES. No. Stinking. Way.
I couldn't possibly have missed that much of a class period. And where were my six students? I panicked for a couple of seconds contemplating where they were. What do you do in that sort of situation? Was in trouble? WHERE WERE MY STUDENTS?! I walked out the door headed to the office when I decided to check next door. Sure enough, my dear 6th period students were in Mr. Davidson's room just hanging out. By some miracle, it was his prep period and when he realized that I was not showing up, he took them under his wing.
Oh the questions they had for me.

"Where were you Ms. Damron?!"

They were really quite upset and distraught. Possibly even worried! We had about 15 minutes left of class, so we did what we could.

As soon as 6th period ended, I went out into the hall and the two teachers across the hall gave me grief. Also, several students have brought up what happened here at parent-teacher conferences. Needless to say, I think I learned my lesson. I've been recovering from the experience all day long!

Wish me luck the next hour or so!

-Ms. Damron-

No comments:

Post a Comment