"Treat people as if they were what they ought to be and you help them become what they are capable of becoming." -- Goethe

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Are you coming back?

I figured I'd write a quick entry about my wonderful weekend in Montana!
Friday afternoon as I was getting ready to leave, one of my students came in to drop his backpack off. I reminded him that I was leaving and I wouldn't be there that afternoon and he got the most worried look on his face and said,

"Are you ever coming back?"

My heart just about melted. So cute! I assured him that I was just leaving for the weekend and would be back. He said, quite relieved, "Oh good."

:)

So, I took half of Friday off and flew to Great Falls, Montana where my dad picked me up. We went horseback riding Saturday morning and then went to the Harvest Moon Ball in East Glacier that night.
We rode to Ptarmigan Tunnel which is a beautiful ride. It's 5.3 miles one way and let me tell you, I sure was grateful to be on a horse! Especially when we began the climb up the mountain. When we first started up the mountain, there was a man behind us that was pretty close behind us. In fact, it appeared that we were slowing him down. We let him pass us and he zoomed up that hill! I don't think I could walk that fast on flat ground let alone up a mountain. Sure enough, he beat us up there. Once the man had a head start, my dad jokingly whispered to the horses,

"You should be ashamed of yourselves! Look at that man go!"

I love my dad.

Once we got to the top, this was our view:



I asked a man from Missoula to take a picture of me and my dad. I love my doctor dad dressed up like a cowboy. :)


The tunnel was built in 1930 because the tip of the mountain was too jagged and dangerous to cross. I think it's pretty neat!




Sunday we went to church in our old branch in Cut Bank. The number of people we know there is slowly fading, but I'm still always humbled when I attend church there. The people are truly "the salt of the earth" as my dad says.
Sunday night I flew back to Salt Lake. Man it was a fast weekend. It sure was a good one though.



No comments:

Post a Comment