"Treat people as if they were what they ought to be and you help them become what they are capable of becoming." -- Goethe

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Classroom pictures!

Well, I left the school at 8:40pm. I didn't go home once. Talk about a long day! Parent-teacher conferences are tomorrow and I had a lot of prep to do. Let me tell you, being in Special Ed adds about an entire other job amount's worth of work to your load. Not only do you have to prepare lessons every day, but then you have all of this paperwork and so many meetings! AND you HAVE to do it all correct or else it can get you in legal trouble. Awesome. All I can say is thank heavens for Erin Radant who guides me every step of the way. :)

I finally took pictures of my classroom! It only took a month, right?
I didn't want to take the pictures until my classroom was complete, and that finally happened about a week ago when I got my bookshelf. Yay! So here you go:

As you walk in the door



This is from the opposite side of the room. Yay for cupboard space!

My desk area:


The Reading Corner:


My fancy door. I took a picture of all of the kids in my "Wolfpack" (it's basically homeroom) and put them on the door. Let me tell you, kids in middle school are strangely shy of the camera! I had to pretty much force about half of them to let me take their picture. They were terrified of the fact that their picture would be on my door for everyone to see. Who has the most popular door now? That's right. Me.


And in case anyone was wondering if I am a legitimate teacher or not, here is the hard evidence:

No comments:

Post a Comment