"Treat people as if they were what they ought to be and you help them become what they are capable of becoming." -- Goethe

Monday, February 27, 2012

Happy Birthday Ms. Damron!

Um...best birthday ever!

So I'm kind of ridiculous when it comes to my birthday. I love it when people tell me happy birthday. (Does that mean I'm shallow? haha) It's just more fun when people know!

On Friday, I told several friends at work that my birthday was on Monday and I expected cards and presents. (I told you, I'm completely ridiculous.) When I came into my room this morning, someone had left me a gift of colored goldfish and a card! So fun. Then when I got to PLC/faculty meeting, Leslie Zuber gave me a present and told me that that there was something in the bag that I needed to wear. (Oh dear. This is what I get myself into when I make my birthday a big deal!) Along with some more food (she got me cheez-its, a hershey chocolate bar, and goldfish), there was a pink, furry, sequin-y headband in the shape of a crown. It didn't say "Happy Birthday," so I think that some people were kind of confused. Leslie just cracked up when I put it on, so if it brought smiles to others, then it's all good!

The best thing that I did was write on my white board,

CAN YOU GUESS HOW OLD MS. DAMRON IS TODAY? IF YOU GET IT RIGHT, YOU GET A PIECE OF CANDY!

Oh my hilarious! There were only four students in my first period and these were their guesses: 23, 32, 26, 28. The only reason one of the students got the right answer is because she looked on my calendar! I did the same thing in my WolfPack (homeroom) and only 9 out of 22 students got the right answer. One student jokingly put 5,000. But a good portion of those guesses were in the 30s. In my second period, 3/11 got the right answer. Several girls put 24 though, so that wasn't too bad.

During WolfPack, I had another homeroom come in and sing me Happy Birthday! And then they gave me flowers! My favorite teacher, Lisa Fisher, came in after and said, "Read the card!" The card said, "...and you thought I forgot. Please. Happy Birthday old lady!" It was hilarious because I gave her a hard time about forgetting my birthday that morning. I told her the only reason she remembered it was my birthday was that I was wearing the little pink crown on my head. Bahahaha So great.

When I went to lunch, I told one teacher, Mr. Barker, that I was disappointed that none of his students had come and sung me Happy Birthday. (During faculty meeting that morning, he jokingly said that he was going to have his students come sing to me every period.) Well...second period I had a whole class come in and sing me Happy Birthday! One of my students said, "Ms. Damron! You did this for me?!" Yeah...no. haha
A little later on that period, some TA's from the main office brought me flowers! They said, "We don't know who these are from...some lady from a flower shop brought them." One of the girls in my second period said, before they said it was a girl, "Was it a boy with curly hair?!" She is always asking about Cameron! It's funny. I didn't know who sent it until I opened the card: Happy Birthday to our Audry! - Dad - So sweet. I have the best dad in the world!



All I can say is that it was a great day. I brought brownies to my team meeting, which was fun. (I love brownies. A lot.)

Happy Birthday to me!

-Ms. Damron-

3 comments: