"Treat people as if they were what they ought to be and you help them become what they are capable of becoming." -- Goethe

Monday, February 6, 2012

Life is good.

On Friday we had an assembly. There was a talent show and they split up which homerooms watched which half depending on which lunch we had. I have first lunch, so my homeroom (WolfPack) watched the first half of the show. I was so impressed with what some students did! My favorite act was when 8 or so students dressed in black and wore glow sticks. Then they did a dance, in the dark, which made them look like dancing stick figures! So fun.
After the first half, we returned and tied fleece blankets as a service project. The boys took a blanket and the girls took a blanket. The boys claimed that their blanket looked like a disaster (and parts of it did) and the girls' blanket was pretty and neat. It made me laugh.
After the assembly, we had shortened periods for the rest of the day. One of my students in homeroom asked me to teach her/help her draw angel wings on an apple for an art assignment. So I googled "how to draw angel wings" and we drew some angel wings! She was really impressed that I drew the wings just from looking at the computer screen. We took some pictures for your enjoyment. :)



Her apple pre-winged.




Her sainted, angelic apple.

Apparently her apple is crying because the other apple got squished by a shoe (which she hasn't drawn yet).

During that first period, I had a surprise visit from a district Special Ed woman. It's called a "Walk Through." I was freaking out a little bit because the period was shortened, so we were working on homework versus me teaching a lesson. But I got the results back and these were some of the comments:

"Teacher is engaged withs students. Students are all on task. Teacher keeps students moving from task to task. No misbehavior."

"Classroom is a happy place to be. Clean and organized. Not too cluttered. Teacher is pleasant."

"Audryn gives constant specific positive praise to students. Her students are very respectful. There is much positive interaction."

Yahoooooo!
It was an excellent review, but then again, they are my golden class period, so I got lucky. There are some other class periods that are in serious need of behavior management. I was told that these "walk throughs" will happen at least once a month, so I need to work on some things. But I felt pretty good!

-Ms. Damron-

No comments:

Post a Comment