"Treat people as if they were what they ought to be and you help them become what they are capable of becoming." -- Goethe

Thursday, March 1, 2012

So proud of my students.

I had my last ABC (new teacher) training today! I can't believe it's already March. Three more months and I will be done with my first year of teaching. Shut the front door! haha

While I was in training this morning, I was texting one of my paras, and she told me this story:

"So funny story for you...You're not going to believe how amazing your first period is! Your sub did not show this morning. Long story short, I guess Davidson (math teacher next door) let your kids in the room. When Marina (para) went in, your kids were ALL on task and working! They had done math minute, had corrected it, and working on homework. Don't think it gets much better than that, huh?!?"

Then I got this email from Mrs. Zuber, our Special Ed facilitator/teacher next door:

The subject of the email was "good news and bad news."

"First the bad news--your sub didn't show up today. Brett let everybody into your classroom but apparently didn't let the office know that the sub wasn't here yet (he may not have known you weren't here).
The Good news--your students came in, did their Math Minute and everything else they were supposed to do and when Marina and Lisa got there they couldn't believe how well-behaved and "trustworthy" they were--they were sitting there working away. I BELIEVE THAT MEANS YOU'VE TAUGHT THEM WELL!!! They also told the students they would be sure to let you know. They also let the office know your sub wasn't here and Sue was going to take care of it pronto. See you tomorrow, Leslie"

I was just beaming! I'm so proud of my students! Now, I'm not sayinig I'm amazing at all, my first period is fantastic and they do exactly what they're supposed to all the time, but still! Isn't that amazing? They could have just quietly done nothing for the first ten minutes and then played on the computer or something.
A sub didn't show up until 3rd period, but according to my paras, who covered 2nd period as well, 2nd period did great as well. Needless to say, I'm bringing donuts for some ROCKSTAR students tomorrow!

-Ms. Damron-

No comments:

Post a Comment