"Treat people as if they were what they ought to be and you help them become what they are capable of becoming." -- Goethe

Sunday, November 6, 2011

Spirit Week!

Okay. So my last post was a little while ago...sorry about that.
Due to how long it has taken me to post, a lot of these posts will be make up posts. I hope you enjoy.

Spirit Week was September 19-23. Here are the descriptions for the dress code that week:

Monday, September 19 TWINS DAY
Dress up with your friend so you look alike! Same clothes, same hair, same shoes! Do whatever you can to be identical and join us for "Twins" two-legged race on the stage during lunch.

Tuesday, September 20 TACKY TUESDAY
Wear crazy, mix-matched, tacky clothes. How many colors and prints can you put together? Mix-match your socks, crazy shirts, polka dots, and stripes. Our lunch activity will be a giant pants relay. Get ready for a terrific, tacky day!


Above: Lisa Fisher, a history teacher across the hall, and me


Erin Radant, a Special Ed English teacher across the hall, and me

Wednesday, September 21 AROUND THE WORLD DAY
Dress up as someone from another country. Come and participate in the lunch activity on the lunchroom stage where we will be having an around-the-world game.



FYI - My "Around-the-world" outfit was from Israel! I borrowed the jeannie pants and sandals from my friend Skyler Dunford. The green scarf thing is from Israel too.

Thursday, September 22 ER DAY
Dress like you are in the ER - the hospital Emergency Room. Dress as a doctor, nurse, surgeon, therapist, or patient. Join us for a crutches race during lunch.



L-R: Erin Radant, me, Lisa Fisher. Notice the crocs. :)

Friday, September 23 HAWAIIAN DAY
Drew in flip-flops, swim shorts (below mid-thigh), floral shirts, grass skirts, and sunglasses. Our lunch activity will be beach ball volleyball on stage.

It was a pretty fun week and I dressed up every day! I really like dressing up and showing school spirit, so I try my best to dress up and do fun things.

-Ms. Damron-

No comments:

Post a Comment