"Treat people as if they were what they ought to be and you help them become what they are capable of becoming." -- Goethe

Thursday, November 17, 2011

Just saying my morning prayers

Every 1st and 3rd Thursday of the month I have district special ed training. It's kind of annoying getting a sub so many times, but I get to sleep in an extra hour or so, which is absolutely wonderful.
This morning I was kneeling down about to say my morning prayer, when I got a phone call from the school. One of the main office women called me sounding somewhat distressed and told me that a sub hadn't shown up yet! She and the ISS woman had gone to my classroom to watch the kids until they could get sub. I was informed that they had read my sub plans, but the plans were for another date (Wednesday, November 16) and they were unclear and they didn't know what they were supposed to do with the kids.

AWESOME.

The lady told me she was going to transfer me to my classroom so I could talk to the ISS woman to clarify what I had left for the sub. Drama drama! I talked to the woman who told me things were under control. I guess people were just a little frazzled by the absence of a sub. Way to shake me first thing in the morning! I didn't know what to do! And now I'm worried that I write horrible sub plans...

Anyway, our district training is until 11:30, but they usually let us out ten minutes early. The sub was only supposed to be there until 11:30, so around 11:25, I started getting a little nervous. I ended up just leaving so that I could get back to the school. When I got there, I went straight to my classroom figuring I would relieve the sub and the sub would leave. Nope. The sub didn't even acknowledge me! She was reading a test to a student, so I just set my stuff down and left. I didn't know what to do! I felt slightly uncomfortable because it's awkward to barge in on the sub. They are in charge for the time being, so I when the sub made no attempt to leave, I had no idea what to do. I wandered around the school, went to the bathroom, and finally ended up just sitting in another special ed classroom waiting it out.

Quite an interesting morning if you ask me.

Anyway, just to provide some interesting pictures, the training today was about visual something or other. (All of these trainings deal with technology.) Today's focus was on the digital camera. We were put in groups and asked to take pictures and look at things in a different perspective. These are the pictures we took, with some tweaking and effects by me:





















-Ms. Damron-

No comments:

Post a Comment