"Treat people as if they were what they ought to be and you help them become what they are capable of becoming." -- Goethe

Thursday, November 17, 2011

Funny moments in Science 7

I try to observe different classes during my prep periods so that I'm more aware of what is expected from those teachers and I can hold students more accountable to different assignments and projects because I know what is assigned.
Last week I was observing a 7th grade science class. Let me tell you - my heart goes out to 7th grade science teachers. Those kids are squirrely! (I don't know how to spell that.)

The teacher was showing students how big a coffee bean is compared to an amoeba, a red blood cell, a virus, etc. It was actually really interesting. When he got to a virus, he said,

"Did you know that the Rhino Virus is what causes the common cold?"

One of the students responded,

"No! It makes you into a rhino!"

:)

To observe, I sat in the back of the classroom and watched. Two boys were seated right in front of me and they wouldn't stop bugging me. Here was our conversation:

Student: Why are you here?
Me: To watch you.
Student: To watch us? That's creepy! Are you FBI?
Me: I'd tell you, but then I'd have to kill you...
Student: (complete silence...)
Me: I'm just kidding.

Yup. That just happened.

It was an enjoyable observation I think.

-Ms. Damron-

No comments:

Post a Comment