"Treat people as if they were what they ought to be and you help them become what they are capable of becoming." -- Goethe

Monday, February 11, 2013

Warm Fuzzies

Last week our 8th grade counselor stopped me and told me that she had met with one of my student's mothers for SEOPs (I have no idea what that stands for or what is entailed in that meeting- prep for high school maybe?). This mother's child was just classified and put into Special Ed around Thanksgiving. Apparently he used to go straight home and work on homework until 11:00 pm. He was very meticulous and it just took him a LOOOOONG time to get his homework done.

Mom reported that she is so happy with his progress and with the class he was put into (my homework help class) because he has rearranged his room to make it more conducive to studying and he is able to manage his time better (something like that).

Our 8th grade counselor is such a sweetheart and she told the mom that she had nothing to do with the change, but it was his teacher, "Ms. Damron."

Now doesn't that just give you the warm fuzzies?! Sometimes it's just nice to hear that you have impacted at least one of your students and he/she is able to function better and (in my case) study more efficiently.

I wish I could attach the powerpoint I made about "Preparing a Place to Study" because it was a pretty sweet powerpoint - and that is what inspired this particular student to rearrange his bedroom so that it was more conducive to studying. Pretty neat, huh?!

-Ms. Damron-


2 comments: