"Treat people as if they were what they ought to be and you help them become what they are capable of becoming." -- Goethe

Thursday, February 14, 2013

Happy Valentine's Day (middle school style)

Happy Valentine's Day!

Today started out with a couple of sweet girls bringing me goodies. They were both wearing pink or read with hearts on their shirts. One of them was wearing bright red lipstick. (She asked me if she should dress up as Cupid next year.)

Before school started, I had an 8th grade boy come in and ask if he could stash a heart-shaped box of chocolates and a rose in my classroom. They were for a special someone and he didn't want her to know. Then he asked if, during my class, he could go surprise her with the Valentine treats. I fully supported his romantic endeavor and even offered to record it for him!

2nd period came along and he was pretty excited! We decided to wait until 3rd period though because this cute girl is in my 3rd period and so it would be easier to record and we wouldn't have to disrupt another class.
One girl in my 2nd period asked him if he was going to get on his knee to give the girl the presents. He forcefully said, "No! I'm not proposing!"

The magical moment in 3rd period came and my class was watching a movie, so when I noticed him waiting outside, I paused the movie and turned on the lights (without any explanation) and then this student came walking in. He was blushing like crazy, but he went straight to my closet and got the presents and went up to this girl and gave her his gifts. They hugged while everyone awkwardly stared. I started clapping and encouraged the rest of the class to clap.

It was pretty cute. Young love is great!

-Ms. Damron-

No comments:

Post a Comment