"Treat people as if they were what they ought to be and you help them become what they are capable of becoming." -- Goethe

Thursday, January 17, 2013

I laughed so hard I cried...

Last Friday in my 2nd period class, I was helping a student finish an assignment. He was supposed to bring a small paper bag full of at least three items that described him. Surprisingly, he did NOT bring the required objects. (This is actually not a surprise at all - bless his heart.)
I told him we would just draw the objects he likes. I was helping him draw a few things because he is not the most...talented artist. (His hand writing is also very difficult to read.)

Anyway, after we had finished the project, he was just drawing on a piece of paper and all of a sudden, he showed me this picture and told me it was a cat:


I lost all control and started laughing uncontrollably. I laughed to the point of tears. Was I laughing at him? Not necessarily...but it might not have been the nicest thing to do. I just couldn't help myself! You may not think that the picture merits uncontrollable-laughing-so-hard-you-cry type of a reaction, but knowing the student, it makes sense.

Fortunately, I don't think I've scarred the student. He is now obsessed with drawing cats and wants to show me whenever he draws one!

---

Another funny moment happened this past Tuesday in my 7th period. While we were cleaning up, a students said,

"I'm wondering...if our brains exploded, would we still have to go to school? Because we wouldn't have a brain..."

So. Funny.

I love my students!

-Ms. Damron-

1 comment:

  1. Haha Audryn I love your blog! Teaching middle school is such an adventure :)

    ReplyDelete