"Treat people as if they were what they ought to be and you help them become what they are capable of becoming." -- Goethe

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Picture Day

Every teacher gets their picture taken. My favorite part is that we also get a complimentary picture packet. (My parents and grandparents love it.)
Today I went down during my prep period to get my picture taken. Luckily, I was the only one in there at the time. The photographers said that because there was no one else there, I would get to look at my picture and re-take it if I didn't like it.

Well...it wasn't that I didn't like the pictures. My photographer kept saying, "Let's try that again..."
After the 5th or 6th time I was starting to get nervous. What in the world was wrong with my pictures. Finally, she said something like, "If you smile like this..." and then she proceeded to smile showing only her upper teeth. I laughed and informed her that I am incapable of smiling without my bottom teeth showing, so she shouldn't focus on my smile. I will admit that some of the pictures were a bit toothy though. My smile is so big that it hurts after 5 or 6 pictures!
Once we got the smile thing figured out, my face hurt from smiling, so I was never ready when she snapped the picture. There was actually a cute one of me laughing though. Sorry you will all miss out on that candid shot. There was also another picture where I was making a silly face. I kind of wish that one was put in the year book.
The last issue was that the flash kept making a glare on my glasses. Finally I just took my glasses off. My students will all freak out because I always wear my glasses and they think I look weird without them, but what can you do. It only took 20 shots, but hopefully my picture turns out. Maybe I'll scan it later to show you the final product. :)

-Ms. Damron-

No comments:

Post a Comment