"Treat people as if they were what they ought to be and you help them become what they are capable of becoming." -- Goethe

Friday, August 24, 2012

First week of school - CHECK.

This week has been the most hectic first week of school ever. Granted, it's only my second FIRST week of school, but still. Here's the scoop:

I had to move out of the house I was living in due to my landlords deciding to not rent out to singles anymore. (Do I have to be reminded how single I am every day?!) I had to be out by August 21st, but I couldn't move into my new apartment until the 24th (today). So here is a snapshot of what my week has been like:

Sunday: Pack up as much stuff as I can and move it to my cousin's place.

Monday: Set up classroom. Go home and pack up kitchen and bathroom. Take stuff to cousin's house. Clean house. Eat dinner at SLAB pizza with Alyssa. Go to August Movies in the Park. While at the movie my landlord texted me and asked that I leave my key on the counter the next morning because the new tenants were moving in the next day. Freak out because I thought the new tenants were moving in on the 24th. Rush home after the movie and furiously finish cleaning and packing as much stuff as I could. Shower and then collapse into bed.

Tuesday: Wake up earlier than normal to load every last little thing into my car. Vacuum bedroom. 7th grade day! Medicaid and Time Study meeting. Drive to Salt Lake to visit friends and celebrate a birthday. Leave Salt Lake way too late. Arrive at my friend's house without my air mattress because my sister was in a movie and didn't answer her phone. (She had the air mattress.) Get to bed way too late and then get very little sleep due to the uncomfortableness of the air mattress and my constant need to pee at 4:00 in the morning.

Wednesday: Pry my eyes open and leave earlier than usual to go buy donuts for my WolfPack (homeroom) class. FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL! So much fun. Manicures at 4:00pm. Quick nap on my sister's couch. Dinner at Bajio. Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory caramel apple. Artistic night at Color Me Mine.

Thursday: Second day of school. Drive to Jo-Ann Fabrics were it takes forever to figure out how much fabric I need to make my computer covers. Dinner at Zupa's with my mom and sister. Back to School Night from 6-8. Somehow stay and talk to other teachers until 9:00pm. Smith's run. Go to my cousin's place to find my checkbook. (Fortunately it was in the second box I found.) Talk with my wonderfully hospitable friends Sarah and Marty and then bedtime.

Friday: (TODAY) I love Fridays. Today went really well actually. I'm about to go move all of my stuff from my cousin's place to MY APARTMENT. My sister was a gem and checked in for me earlier. So I will sleep in my bed tonight!

It's been a crazy week, but I love my students already and I'm excited for this year!

-Ms. Damron-

No comments:

Post a Comment