"Treat people as if they were what they ought to be and you help them become what they are capable of becoming." -- Goethe

Friday, December 20, 2013

Sweet moments

There are DEFINITELY rough days in teaching, but there are those sweet moments that make it worth it. I must have had a really good week in October because these two quotes came from male students in my 1st and 2nd period classes:

"I like this class - it's like my only favorite class. It starts us off right." (10/21/13)

"At least one teacher notices us…most teachers don't like us - but you actually like it when we're working." (10/18/13)

At the end of 4th period yesterday, another male student said, "I really like this class. We can do homework."

I hope I can continue to create a safe, fun, but productive environment for my students. It really does make a difference.

-Ms. Damron-

No comments:

Post a Comment