"Treat people as if they were what they ought to be and you help them become what they are capable of becoming." -- Goethe

Friday, December 20, 2013

"If girls are ugly…they get make up."

I adore my students. They make me laugh and they truly say the funniest things. A couple of weeks ago, I had a male student look at me and say, "Do you know what's not fair? If a girl is ugly, she can just put on make up. If a guy is ugly…he gets nothing! There is no way to fix it. Girls can fake it, but guys can't."

This boy is darling and has cool glasses, a clear complexion, and some great looking dark hair. He couldn't have been referring to himself!

Also, as is typical for this particular student, the comment came out of the blue, and was likely while I was mid-sentence.

It's the little things in life, right?

-Ms. Damron-

No comments:

Post a Comment