"Treat people as if they were what they ought to be and you help them become what they are capable of becoming." -- Goethe

Sunday, September 8, 2013

Sub day went well

I have the students in my Writing Skills classes write in their journal for 5 minutes at the beginning of every period. One the day I had the sub, I gave the topic: "What do you think Ms. Damron is doing today? You can make up a story or write what she is actually doing." Here are some good blurbs for you:

"Ms. Damron is sleeping because she stayed up late last night until 12:00 pm. And when she wakes up she is going to go sky diving. After that is going to a fancy restaurant and ordering everything on the menu."

"Ms. Damron is at a petting zoo. She is petting all of the animals like goats, lions, tigers, and white tigers. She is having the time of her life. That is what I think Ms. Damron is doing."

"Ms. Damron is on a crazy adventure in a tropical jungle. With pousiness creatures all around the jungle, and she has to make get out alive. Tune in on the next show Saturday at 8 pm."

(very clever. haha although I don't know what "lousiness" means...)

"Miss Damron decided to take a day off. When she woke up she decided to call the school and take a day off. Then she got out of her bed. She made pancakes and she ate them all and then she decided to go back to bed."

(I wish this one had actually happened.)

The day I got back, I had them write about this topic: "What was the sub like yesterday?"

These were a few of the responses:

"The sub was pretty cool. And I think we should get a better sub that gives us candy and chips and maybe money. And that she let's us do whatever we want."

"The sub was boring, slow, dull. If I wanted a sub I would want a fun, active boy teacher. I would want a fun teacher because little breaks try to like make a game out of the work! That we had to do that day. Most of the subs I had were very strict, "No fun you can't work in groups." It would be fun to have a chilled out teacher."

"The sub we had yesterday was meen. She would not let us do anything we could not do our little bit about us. She go mad at us if we did not follow along to the story about the Chicago fire. That is the sub we had yesterday."

"The sub was really dull. and not helpful."

Hopefully the next sub is a bit less monotone! haha

-Ms. Damron-

No comments:

Post a Comment