"Treat people as if they were what they ought to be and you help them become what they are capable of becoming." -- Goethe

Monday, November 19, 2012

So and so asked so and so out and she yelled NO in his face and made him cry.

Wow. Is that title a mouthful, or what? Well it's 100% true. This story happened during 7th period.

Again last Thursday, November 15th, I was talking to a student out in the hall while the rest of my class was working in groups on their posters. I could hear some serious commotion going inside my classroom and I could see through the window that something was going on!

When I got back into the classroom, I was bombarded by the following story: (remember, all names have been changed)

"Ms. Damron! Clyde told Bonnie that he liked her and asked her if she would go out with him and she screamed NO and then he went and cried in the corner. Bonnie broke Clyde's heart!"

Ooookay. I have no idea what actually happened, but it sounds hilarious.

Later on that period, Bonnie and her friend came up and I got this story:

Bonnie: "So sometimes when I get hyper, I get really loud. I don't mean to hurt anyone's feelings, but I scream things and then I sound angry and then I hurt people's feelings and I don't mean to..." She said all of this while laughing.
Friend: "No. Let me tell the story. Clyde came over to Bonnie and said, 'I like you. Will you go out with me?' Bonnie turned around and screamed, 'NO' in his face and then Clyde went and cried and we've all been trying to convince Bonnie to apologize to Clyde."

Middle school romance and DRAMA!

That same friend left this note on a sticky note on my desk:

"Friend is just the best student!! To do list: Make Bonnie apologize to Clyde."

Yeah. That happened.

It's still the talk of the class period by the way! Bonnie is a heart breaker apparently.

-Ms. Damron-

No comments:

Post a Comment