"Treat people as if they were what they ought to be and you help them become what they are capable of becoming." -- Goethe

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Does your principal stand outside in the morning and take attendance?


I slept in this morning. AWESOME. And what is sleeping in you might ask? 6:40am folks. When I realized it was 6:40 in the morning and I was still in bed, I just about had a heart attack. Most days, I would shrug it off and look a little grungy. But today was picture day, so there was no possibility of looking ridiculous! EEK.
Alyssa was supposed to pick me up around 7:00am so that she could get back to her apartment to get ready for the day and everything. Well, I knew there was no way I would be ready by 7:00am, so it turned out I would have to walk. I showered as quickly as I could and then started making breakfast. (I can't survive even an hour without breakfast. I would rather be late and get in trouble then miss breakfast!)
Just as I had come to the conclusion that I was just going to have to be super late, my wonderful roommate woke up and offered me a ride! Hallelujah!
I was already dressed in workout clothes (I don't wear my work clothes when I walk or ride my bike because I get sweaty gross.) and so I grabbed my lunch and backpack and off we went! I made it right at 7:30 and saw my principal outside about to make his rounds!
I quickly ate my breakfast, then went through my backpack to find my clothes and everything else I had brought to get ready. Imagine my disdain when I realized I had not brought an extra bra. I had a cute shirt ready to wear for picture day, but I was wearing a neon yellow sports bra! NOOOOOO! Fortunately, by some sort of inspiration, when I was packing my backpack, I decided to bring an extra shirt that totally worked out. Heavenly Father - thank you! So, I put on my cream colored shirt, wore my Middle School sweater that they gave every teacher, and (hopefully) ended up with a decent picture. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment