"Treat people as if they were what they ought to be and you help them become what they are capable of becoming." -- Goethe

Sunday, August 28, 2011

8th graders are soooooo cool.

Monday was 7th grade day. This allowed the "new kids" to get a feel for their teachers and the school. Tuesday was the first official day of school, so the 8th graders joined us.

What to say about my dear 8th graders...
These are some of the things that are "in".

--drawing all over your hands, arms, palms, and legs with markers or pens

--informing Ms. Damron of what the previous teacher did: "Ms. Damron? Are you going to let us go to lunch early like our old teacher?"

--joking around in a manner similar to that of my brother Ethan Damron and my cousin Scott Cook (I'll never understand boys...)

--never ending chatter due to the fact that they know each other from last year

--too cool for school

My 7th graders are fairly malleable, but my 8th graders are a different story. Fortunately, I love them still.

No comments:

Post a Comment