"Treat people as if they were what they ought to be and you help them become what they are capable of becoming." -- Goethe

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas everyone!

It's hard to believe that Christmas break is a few hours away! We have school until noon tomorrow and then we are FREE!!! Can you tell I'm a little bit excited?

The Christmas season is certainly a magical one. I love being at work during Christmas time. Although we don't have a "work party" during December, we have two days specifically set aside to celebrate. They are dubbed the Centennial "PIG OUT" and faculty members sign up to bring food. All day long you can step into the faculty room and have a treat. It's absolutely wonderful. PIG OUT days were last Wednesday and Thursday (12/14 and 12/15). Thursday the 15th I had a special ed district training though. I was kind of sad I missed out because I heard that the food was very good that day. District training made up for it by having a potluck for new teachers. I brought Crunchy Chicken Salad and it was a hit! We all got to sit around and chat while eating yummy food. The best part was when Shauna Raby, one of the district ladies, showed us some videos she had made using our pictures. They were funny!

The man in the video, Joel, went through the Special Ed program at BYU with me and this video cracks me up.



The three guys in the video above are absolutely HILARIOUS.



The one you've all been waiting for! (Me.)



We got out around 1:00 that day. I had a full day sub because I didn't think there was any reason to go back for only two periods. Plus, if a sub works for more than half a day, they automatically get a full day's pay. Am I going to go back and let the sub leave and still get paid? No stinking way! So what did I do? Go Christmas shopping! The weekend is absolutely insane, so I had to go during the week. It was nice to get that out of the way.

Speaking of Christmas presents, I made caramel popcorn balls for coworkers on Sunday. I made two batches, which yielded between 50-60 popcorn balls! Thank heavens my sister and her friend were there to help me! Saran wrapping popcorn balls all by myself would have been tricky. They turned out wonderfully delicious. I felt like Santa Clause going around at work with my plastic bag full of popcorn balls. I think they were a hit though! I also received a mini loaf of bread from Lisa Fisher (history teacher), some homemade jam from Rae McAdams (math teacher), and a goody bag from Julie Hillman (fellow special ed teacher). I feel so loved!

Merry Christmas everyone!

1 comment:

  1. I am going to find that outfit, the pants, shirt and shoes and make you dance for me when I see you!!1 Bahahaha!!!

    ReplyDelete