"Treat people as if they were what they ought to be and you help them become what they are capable of becoming." -- Goethe

Sunday, October 7, 2018

"...there isn't any other job I would rather be doing."

I have the privilege of sharing a hall with two of our new special education teachers. These two teachers bring such a light to our little corner of the school. Truly, we found some "diamonds in the rough" with these two gems.

We were all commiserating over the fact that we didn't want to be at work, but the teacher across the hall leaned over and said, "I'll tell you what though, there isn't any other job I would rather be doing."

I loved that. A lot.

Yes, work gets tedious sometimes and it can become just that, work. Teaching should be (and can be) so much more than just "work" though. I was truly grateful for that innocent and positive reminder, that of all the jobs in the world, this is the one I want to do the most.

-Ms. Damron-

No comments:

Post a Comment