"Treat people as if they were what they ought to be and you help them become what they are capable of becoming." -- Goethe

Friday, October 24, 2014

"growing pains"

About a month ago, a student sat down and said,
"Every time I walk, my legs cramp up. It's probably growing pains or some crap like that."

Now, I don't usually use that word (you probably know which word), but it was SO FUNNY because this student seemed so irritated with the "growing up" phase of life.

Shortly after, he said, "I wish all of my fat would go into my legs so I could just run it off."

This kid isn't particularly large, but he has some adolescent softness, so-to-speak.

I was laughing so hard at these comments. Good thing I wrote them down for later!

Yesterday, some students were joking about ebola and for some reason, herpes came up. One student explained to the other student, "Herpes is when you make out with someone." (That student caught me laughing...pretty hard. Oops.)
The other student in this exchange had some paint on his arm and proceeded to joke about "touching [the other student] with his herpes." I'm not entirely sure they understand what herpes is...

Middle school can be so entertaining.

-Ms. Damron-

No comments:

Post a Comment